Call for Guest Post Authors
For the first few years after starting this website in 2009, I made efforts to post a new article weekly. At times this has been difficult, especially with a growing young family, and demands from work and Church callings. I have long felt I should make efforts to get other people involved in this website, contributing to the content and helping in their unique ways to prepare youth (and those not so young) for missionary service. Therefore, I am sending out a call for help in contributing mission prep ideas, stories, inspiration, and testimonies by writing a guest post for the website.
Guidelines for Writing a Guest Post
There are many reasons to contribute a guest post to this website, but I hope your number one motivation is to follow the Spirit of the Lord, build the Kingdom of God on earth, and be anxiously engaged in a good cause. In addition to the spiritual satisfaction, a guest post can be used secondarily to promote your missionary-related website, product, or service you many have. If you link to your website or promote for your product or service in your article, it should still be a substantive article related to missionary work or mission prep. If, rather than writing a guest post, you are more interested in simply advertising on the Mormon Mission Prep site, please use the contact form.
Ideas for Article Topics
At one time, early in the history of the Mormon Mission Prep website, I thought I would run out of ideas of things to talk about. In reality, I have found the opposite to be true. The longer I run the website, the more ideas I have and the further behind I feel I’m getting. I have dozens of ideas for mission prep articles but I simply do not have the time to write them all. If you need ideas for a guest post topic, please consider one of the following:
- Information and helps on budgeting and saving money for a mission
- Adjusting to missionary life (Home sickness, technology withdrawal, hard work, recognizing and following the spirit, the MTC, country specific tips, etc.)
- Humility: The gospel is to be proclaimed by the weak and simple
- Sacrifice is an essential part of missionary work
- What you learned from your mission
- Working with the ward mission leader
- “It is not your job to convert that is the job of the Holy Ghost.” -Pres Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- How helping other people makes you happy
- Missionary work goes on in the spirit world
- Preparing to receive the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthood
- Mission prep is life prep
- Tips for getting along with companions
- A list of mission prep scriptures (like a scripture mastery list)
- Discerning the Will of the Lord for Me. I think this topic would help many young women, and some young men, who struggle to decide if they should go on a mission.
- Member-missionary tips
- Exercise tips
- Information for Moms of future missionaries
- Mission prep tips for primary aged children
- Motivating teenagers to prepare for and serve a mission
Of course you are not limited to these topics, so if you have other ideas for posts that would help missionaries prepare, send it in. Just click on the button above and fill out the form to get started.