June 28, 2019 Update: The cost of missions will increase to $500 a month effective July 1, 2020. See this announcement from the Church on the cost increase. The information below is accurate until July 1, 2020 and I will update this article at that time.
The mission savings calculator is designed to help young future missionaries know how much money they need to save each month in order to pay for their mission. Simply fill out the form below. The cost figures are in US dollars and are based on the cost on a mission to 18 countries* in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia –$400 a month for 24 months for Elders, that’s $9,600 for young men, and 18 months for Sisters, $7,200 for young women.
- Cost to Get Ready to Go on a Mission (info about clothes and other supplies you’ll need to buy)
- The cost of an LDS mission in more detail
- Ideas for earning and saving money for your mission
- Downloadable/printable worksheet of a plan to save for a mission
- A mission prep checklist for youth
*Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.